Sunday, March 17, 2013

Explanation

This is a blog dedicated to things that haven't happened to me yet. My goal is to update this at least weekly, and write about all of the things worth recording regarding my spring internship. When I hear internship I always think of big cities and i-banking and corporate weirdness. This isn't like that. I'm spending my spring in a school. A high school (never thought I'd be going back to one of those). I get to work with kids, which is awesome. The purpose of this blog is to reflect on that and also reflect on all the stuff I'm learning from them. I feel like all people can usually teach you a lot more than you can teach them, so I'm excited to spend a term focused on learning from more than professors. Professors are great. I just like other kinds of learning too.

So yeah. When I get closer to actually being there I'll probably write more, but that's about it for now.

Things to think about:
The high school I am working at has 3,000 kids. Holy shit.
The high school I am working at has 9 guidance counselors.
My high school had 9 guidance counselors.
But we only had 1,200 kids.
The high school I am working at has a 56% graduation rate.
56 percent.
What does it take to change that?

No comments:

Post a Comment